Monday, July 24, 2006

Life as a dog owner up North...

Day 13 of the whatever-we're-calling-it....
From Janet Henig, Kibbutz Kfar Blum (July 24, 2006)

I went into your blog and saw what you wrote about Daisy.
I just had to show you the picture of our Golden (mixture)"Mayo" who is like my fourth child.
She as a pup was abandoned by someone in the city and we found her on our lawn, thin and scraggy.
She never leaves my side. The booms in this area terrify her and she didn't leave the house (even with me) for a week. I managed to take her for a walk on the Jordan promenade between Kfar Blum and Amir (when we weren't supposed to be outside) yesterday. But you have to get some exercise after being cooped up for almost 2 weeks.
I hope people adopt the poor pets left behind or come back soon to get them.