Monday, July 24, 2006

With great honour and courage

From Janet of Kibbutz Kfar Blum, after reading Marsh's description of the funeral of the soldier
Late on Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dear Marsha,
I can't tell you how I was moved by your account of the funeral of Liron Saadya z"l. As you know I am your neighbour 10 minutes away and we are all in the same boat when it comes to being petrified of the rockets landing on our homes but I know Kiryat Shemona always gets the brunt of the rockets, being a larger target and I really feel for its population (the ones that come to work or live in the kibbutz feel safer here but that is now an illusion).
I asked my husband how can they bury that poor soldier while rockets are falling all around. Well you gave me the answer - with great honour and courage. I stand in awe of you all.
I hope we all have a quiet night (I doubt it judging by the artillery guns going off right now) and that this ends soon (my son is being posted to the border tomorrow) with some kind of solution that is not just a bandaid.
If you need any help from me, please call me,
Janet