Friday, September 01, 2006

"Someone was trying to kill me by throwing weapons out of the sky..."

From my editor, Donna, who in a way started this blog when I wrote to her about my 1991 Gulf War memories of cleaning out our "air raid shelter on Saturday evening, July 15 (an eternity ago), here's a note dated Thursday, 31 August - just over six weeks later.
The "shloshim" to which she refers is the marking of 30 days since the death of Dave Lelchuk, their kibbutznik friend who was killed by a rocket - see the item on August 3 - "A one-man SPCA".

On another note, I guess we are back to normal here, whatever that means, though I still cannot get it out of the back of my mind that someone was trying to kill me by throwing weapons out of the sky...

Tomorrow is the shloshim for Dave. Time marches on.